With every year that passes by, life gets easier, at least when it comes to technology development, which makes our life easier and simpler in a number of manners. One of the numerous things that are now much more simple and for many people even possible to achieve is permanent hair removal. So far, we've been most familiar with the IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and Laser method of long-lasting hair elimination. Recently a new revolutionary method appeared, a method called Super Hair Removal or SHR. Here's some info about what it exactly is and about the most frequently asked questions.
Since it functions differently from the way IPL works - SHR targets the hair melanin by 50 percent of energy, it is virtually pain-free. Other 50 percent of energy is emitted into the stem cells which are precisely responsible for hair growth. IPL technology uses single high-energy pulses, while SHR utilizes less energy than other permanent hair removal methods, that is less heat to destroy hair follicles, but it fires multiple shots at once. SHR uses so-called „in motion“ methodology, which means that it emits a lower energy 6-10 times to a specific piece of skin, but at a significantly higher frequency than IPL. It gently heats the follicles, due to which the patients experience no pain, but a warm tingling sensation.
All hair/skin types
Another great thing about SHR is that it's suitable for all hair and skin types, while IPL is prone to have better results with darker hair and lighter skin. Thanks to the fact that it uses lower energy amount, SHR will have no problem working just fine with tanned skin, so you can have treatments all year round.
According to many clinical examinations, not only SHR is safe, but it has proven to be the safest method of light-based hair removal.
How many treatments an individual needs depends from person to person, but one should approximately undergo six – ten treatments which should be done at intervals of four to eight weeks, depending on the skin and hair type.
Before the treatment, it is important to:
- Skin needs to be free from all topical solutions
- Skin needs to be freshly shaved - no longer than 12h before the treatment
- No essential oils usage at least 48h before the treatment
- No tanning creams usage at least 2 weeks before the treatment
- No depilatory creams at least 1 week before the treatment
- No waxing, bleaching, epilation, plucking, etc. at least 4 weeks before the treatment
- No antibiotics at least 1 week before the treatment
- No sun exposure at least 3 days before treatment (even though tanned skin is no problem for the treatment, it is recommended that the tan is unactive in order to achieve the best results).
Even though it may be a bit expensive, this is a non-invasive method we highly recommend for the maximum effect and best results.